Thankful

Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Yesterday Little Tomato had her first surgery. It was a minor outpatient procedure, but I was still beyond relieved when she was brought back to the pre/post op room where I was anxiously waiting.

We had the procedure done at the children's hospital. I designed healthcare buildings for 7+ years and I have worked on more than one children's hospital. But it wasn't until yesterday that the gravity of it hit me... children's hospitals are full of really sick kids. As we were leaving, I saw a mother checking in with her child, who was obviously a cancer patient. It broke my heart to see this family and the struggle they are facing. We so often take our health for granted. We so often take the health of our children for granted. During this season of thanksgiving and reflection on the blessings in our lives, I am beyond grateful that my daughter is healthy. I am thankful that we were at the hospital for only a few short hours, and that it is not a regular setting in our lives.  I am thankful for the many wonderful people who make it their life's work to care for the sick. My heart is full of gratitude today. Full of gratitude for something I so often take for granted.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by | MLEKOSHI PLAYGROUND |