Christmas Cookies

Friday, December 7, 2012

The cookie parade started innocently enough. Husband came home with a 'ready-made' tube of cookie dough with the usual groceries. He said that cookies sounded good. Well, they didn't quite measure up to homemade cookies.

So we began with the Best Chocolate Chip Cookies from Allrecipes.com. These are delicious, basic, 'like your mom makes' chocolate chip cookies.

But then I remembered the DOUBLE chocolate cookie recipe from Allrecipes.com which were absolutely amazing the last time I made them... so I had to make those too. The "Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cookies I" recipe is absolutely addictive. There is a reason I save this recipe for special occasions... they are kind of like your favorite Girl Scout cookies- somehow the box magically goes empty and you are accused of 'not being good at sharing.' The special tip to this recipe is to use 1/2 regular chocolate chips, 1/2 mini chocolate chips. This allows for your usual chocolate chunks in the cookie, but leaves melted chocolaty goodness where the mini chips reside.

Now, the original recipe of the double chocolate chip cookies makes approx. 48 cookies. The beauty of Allrecipes.com is that you can adjust the number of servings and it will adjust your ingredients. However, I looked at the '48 servings,' shrugged my shoulders and said, "Sounds good to me!"

So between the classic and double chocolate chip cookies... lets just say there were a lot of cookies here.


Now, I could have just stopped there and made gift bags with these cookies alone. But, Pinterest can be a dangerous thing. This year I have seen so many fun cookie and treat recipes for the holiday season, I figured that I could just KEEP GOING and make some fun cute cookies to add to the heap. 


So... adding to the above mentioned cookies, I also made:


Our kitchen was overflowing with Christmas goodies! Today we began the rounds of dropping off the holiday treats. Hopefully they will enjoy eating them as much as I enjoyed making them.

Have you made any great Christmas treats this season? Please share your favorite Christmas recipes below, I still have three weeks of holiday baking left!



1 comment:

  1. Honey, YOU are the Nutter-Butter...YOU!

    Just kidding, they all look fabulous. We had a Mast girls baking day today and I came home with a massive batch of Barefoot Contessa's fleur de sel caramels, candied pecans & almonds, and 4 batches of (gf!!) scandanavian almond cookies...my favorite!
    YUM :)
    Sarah M

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by | MLEKOSHI PLAYGROUND |