Holiday Deliveries... Puppy Chow!

Wednesday, December 13, 2017

The holidays are always a whirlwind, but it seems Christmas is sneaking up on me faster than usual this year. Perhaps it is the unseasonably warm and windy winter this year?

Anyhow, our house is finally looking like a house again, after the Harry Potter parties of 2017 took over our home. We have Christmas decorations in full swing, presents wrapped and under the tree, and I have just completed my holiday client gift deliveries.

I am a holiday baker. I don't know where I get the impulse, I am a terrible cook, but I do enjoy baking. This year I combined efforts with some colleagues and we made a few varieties of puppy chow... or do you call it muddy buddies? It is astounding how many varieties of puppy chow are out there. I have tried several varieties, though my favorite is a dark chocolate twist on the original (substitute dark chocolate chips for the semi-sweet variety).

The recipes we made this year were Holiday Classic (adding red & green M&Ms to the mix for a pop of color), Chocolate Churro, & Cake Batter. They were all fantastic, but I have to admit that the Cake Batter is sinfully good.


 I have included the recipe links below:

Holiday Original

Cake Batter

Chocolate Churro

We made the deliveries dressed as SnowLadies! I found some great holiday hat headbands on Amazon, bought a yard of red fleece and made a few quick (no sew) red matching scarves, and bought felt adhesive circles for buttons. We all wore white sweaters & black pants to complete the ensemble. It was a great time delivering treats together. 😊


In other news... I'm trying to get back into the groove of knitting. I have a 'Weasley' sweater in-progress for Little Tomato. The initial idea was to have it done by Christmas. That is VERY unlikely. I am not nearly motivated enough to meet that goal. I've decided that I'm not a fan of knitting sweaters. My knitting is usually hats, scarves, cowls, and stuffed animals. And since I've seen the hack of just doing a duplicate stitch over an existing sweater for the letter... I'm kicking myself for putting all this effort into just knitting the SWEATER. Ah well.

What are your holiday projects?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by | MLEKOSHI PLAYGROUND |