Katniss Cowl

Friday, October 13, 2017

My Halloween project a few years ago was a Katniss Cowl. I loved the unique look of the cowl, and scoured the internet for an accurate pattern to make it. This week my pictures had popped up in my Facebook feed.

Most of the patterns deviated too much from the original design for my taste. I finally found a design that I liked... but it was more a tutorial than a pattern. Essentially, the design involved a crochet neckline and fishtail braids grafted together. The tutorial can be found here.

The key to giving it the final fitted look is to wear the cowl as you pin the individual braids onto the work-in-progress. I experimented with the number of strands per braid for the correct thickness of each row as well.

The down side to the fishtail braided cowl is that to give the braids the proper thickness, this beast is THICK. It can definitely get warm wearing it.


1 comment:

Proudly designed by | MLEKOSHI PLAYGROUND |