Meet Libby

Sunday, November 11, 2012

Yesterday I was planning on having my November 'craft day' with friends, however Little Tomato was feeling under the weather, so it was cancelled. However, Husband graciously watched her yesterday to allow me to still have the day to sew. I just purchased a new sewing book, Storybook Toys by Jill Hamor, and was eager to get to sewing with this book.

I ended up making my own pattern for both the doll and clothing, but I found the book really helpful regarding general information on face embroidery and yarn hair construction.

I have named her Libby, and intend to also make a handkerchief to tie in her hair for a little accessorizing. Libby was inspired by this adorable photo I saw on Pinterest.

Libby's shoes are removable so she can run with her bare feet. :)

Her hair is Nature's Choice Organic Cotton yarn, and is incredibly soft.

Her facial features are embroidered.
I couldn't resist adding the banjo playing bear to her smock. And the knee pads just added to the cuteness. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by | MLEKOSHI PLAYGROUND |