Hair Today, Gone Tomorrow

Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Last Friday, Little Tomato got in a wee-bit of trouble... she decided to give herself a haircut. In the time that it took for me to change clothes, she had lopped off some massive chunks of hair. She didn't just get the front, but had somehow managed to hack off some of the back too.

I didn't so much 'yell at her' as I began to squeak the words, "No, no, your beautiful hair!" in an eerily high-pitched voice.

Needless to say, the day did not go as planned and we spent the morning at the hairstylist taking a good 4-5 inches off the length (with lots of layers to hide the more 'dramatic' chunks of missing hair). I spent the afternoon vacuuming human hair off the floor that had somehow traversed half the rooms in the house.

So this morning, while we were working on a Thanksgiving craft, I opened the drawer to her desk to find what looked like a dead animal.


Oh, wait... no. Never mind. Just some evidence of last Friday's debacle.

3 comments:

  1. hahah, and you didn't include a PICTURE? Come on! When Stefan and his brother would hurt themselves in ridiculous manner (tears, blood and all), his parents would take a picture of them, holding up a sign for the camera with what they did...they are HILARIOUS to look at now...I can totally see you guys enjoying that type of a picture, lobbed off chunks and all, in 10 years ;)
    Love the title.
    S

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh I love that idea, Sarah! At least you're laughing about it now, M? Great post :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is hilarious, Sar. Reminds me of the 'dog shaming' photos I have seen. :P

    No, I took a couple of photos with the phone, but none of them really show how much was missing.

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by | MLEKOSHI PLAYGROUND |