Luna Lion Hat, Part 1: Supplies Assembled

Friday, January 11, 2019

For our annual Halloween escape room party, Husband and I are typically working out details and building the party props and puzzles. The months leading up to Halloween are full of our usual school year schedule... and party planning.

Then, in the week before the party, we realize... Oh. We didn't really think out a costume.

We end up each throwing on a school robe at the last minute. Everyone shows up in spectacular costumes, and I think,  "Next year, amirite?"

Thus, this year, I decided that I would start our costumes now. You know, why not make your Halloween costume in JANUARY? 😋

I had this idea in mind for a while, but I knew the costume would take a while to make it 'right.'
I bought the supplies I needed and started assembling the random miscellaneous other supplies that I have hoarded over the years. My inability to get rid of miscellaneous leftover project supplies really came in handy this time!


Purchased supplies:


Bicycle helmet, cheapest adult helmet I could find.
Large foam ball. Lightweight, massive.
Clearance gold Christmas ribbon.
Waxed cord.
Embroidery floss.

Stash supplies:


Long floral wires (x4).
Paint. Black and gold.
Sculpey clay, white.
Miscellaneous ribbon and yarn scraps.
Felt fabric. Browns and golds.
Cluster Stuff, polyester fiberfill.
Batting.
Hot glue.
Random scrap of cardboard box.
Duct tape.

I don't have a big tutorial here. I have process photos. There is just no way to give someone a pattern for this, it is an entirely 'wing it' kind of project. But this is at least an outline of the process and tools of one way to do it.

Any guesses on the costume...? 😏

Here is another hint...



No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by | MLEKOSHI PLAYGROUND |