A Very Harry Birthday Part 5: Honeydukes

Monday, June 26, 2017

This is Part 5 of the Harry Potter Party series. 

"Part 4: Class Lessons & the Troll in the Dungeon" can be found HERE.
"Part 3: Great Hall Sorting Ceremony" can be found HERE
"Part 2: Diagon Alley" can be found HERE.
"Part 1: Invitations & the Entry to Platform 9-3/4" can be found HERE.

After cake and presents, the final part of the party was Honeydukes.

When I was looking at photos of the Honeydukes shop for ideas, the Bertie Botts display shelf really drew my attention. I had a fairly big piece of insulation foam left from making the signs, and decided that I wanted to tackle the display as a feature of the Honeydukes sweets table.

Details on how to make the Bertie Botts Display can be found HERE.

Honeydukes Table

I purchased a few apothecary jars and found miscellaneous labels online. I printed the labels on cardstock and used clear contact paper to mount them to the jars (this way, they could be easily removed without requiring me to scrape adhesive off the glass jars). 

The Fizzing Whizbees were Satellite wafers (found HERE).
The Acid Pops were sour apple suckers (found HERE).
The Droobles Best Blowing Gum were generic gumballs.

Close up of Honeydukes Sweets.

The Licorice Wands were Twizzlers.
The Ton Tongue Toffee was old fashioned hard toffee.
The U No Poo was wax bottle candy (can find HERE).

Close up of Honeydukes Sweets.
The Bertie Botts Every Flavored Beans was a mix of miscellaneous flavored Starburst Jellybeans. We bought bags of several different flavored beans (Original, Tropical, Fave Reds, Sour, Crazy Beans,  and Ice Cream) and mixed them together in a big bowl. We put them into 'snack bags' and stapled a label along the top.

Bertie Botts Beans.

The girls traded in their bags of Gringotts gold for Honeydukes sweets at the end of the party.

And THAT is the end! 



3 comments:

  1. I LOVE that you had the bags of coins in the piñata to trade for candy later! A lot less hectic and safer and a lot more fair. I don't think I can count the number of times I took an elbow to the face under a piñata before I decided it wasn't even worth it anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is amazing! Where did you get your tablecloth?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Meghan,

      I purchased the tablecloth from a website: https://tableclothsfactory.com

      Delete

Proudly designed by | MLEKOSHI PLAYGROUND |