Creative Slump

Friday, January 25, 2013

I've been in a bit of a creative slump. This time of year gets me so stir crazy. The holiday buzz is over, but it is still months away from spring weather and activity. I just feel like curling up with a book this time of year. It certainly doesn't help that our new puppy has kept me doggedly tired from her 3 am potty breaks!

Speaking of the new puppy... did you know that with some breeds of dogs, their ears can droop while they are teething? Earlier this week, one of Nala's ears began drooping. By the end of the week, both were drooped. Apparently this is not uncommon, but it was quite an odd sight for us. We have nicknamed her "Beaker" because it seems everyone (including me...) makes Beaker-like sound effects when picking her up. Well, that... and she has a Muppet-like quality to her.

Anyhow... while there have been few projects around here, during my January Craft Day I worked on a tutu for a gift. I made a 'Bobbing for Apples' tutu, which I designed a couple of years ago.

The photos below were taken by Laura Benitz Photography of my first 'Bobbing for Apples' tutu.





I have a few projects on the docket for this month, so hopefully I'll be posting some new projects soon! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by | MLEKOSHI PLAYGROUND |